Check out Ruby's page for some pictures of our weekend.
I called CHOP this morning to let them know that I would in fact be coming early. My Nurse wanted me to wait until after my ultrasound tomorrow and then decide. I didn't want to risk the plane tickets getting even more expensive. Chris and I are both pretty freaked out that there is any kind of concern and would rather have me there sooner. If for nothing else than for piece of mind. It's funny how much we are doing just for piece of mind. So much of this is so Ruby can have the best chance possible, but a lot of it is so we don't have any regrets either. Plus we've been dealing with Doctors and high stress medical situations for almost 3 years now. I'm of the opinion it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Whether it be checking off extra tests on my lab slips or demanding a follow-up before the Dr. says I need one. One of things being infertile has taught me is that medical offices are there to serve me and sometimes you have fight with the stupid receptionist to get what you want.
I'm feeling fine. I'm tired. I'm not too uncomfortable. Of course I have been uncomfortable in one way or another since July 11 when the cycle started. If it wasn't side effects from clomid it was morning sickness. Now I just feel kinda big and stiff. Not being able to swim has been surprisingly easy. I think being worn out just from being pregnant makes it easier. Swimming and running will be there in May, when I need them.
I'm also supposed to be taking it easy. Which is easier said then done when you are preparing to leave on a 3-4 month trip and have a baby. We managed to get plenty of things done along with seeing our friends this weekend. I haven't gone to bed before midnight the past three nights. Which is just crazy. Luckily I get to sleep in.
I'm sure some of you are wondering about our dear Miles. Given the new stress of leaving early. Chris and I decided that he will deal with Miles. This not the way I had hoped things would go. I hate having to dump this responsibility on Chris. I love our cat dearly, but right now it's taking all of my energy to focus on Ruby. I need to stay calm and well rested for her. I can't do much but I need to do everything I can to insure she stays in for a few more weeks. We will most likely have to put him down this week. Chris will most likely have to do this without me. Which breaks my heart. It's going to be so hard to leave Wednesday morning knowing that it will be the last time I see our kitty.
Things have to get easier at some point, right? Things can't suck forever. At least I hope they can't. Something has to go our way at some point.